Tuesday, July 22, 2008

catch up

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I was off from work all last week YAY!!!!!!! On Monday, we went to Wilmington to get some more supplements for Dean since he was running low, so while we were there we decided to take the kids to the battleship..it was nice but boy was it hot. We really didnt go down on the ship very far 2 or 3 levels I think since we had to carry Lily and the steps were pretty steep. Dean seemed to enjoy himself but was ready to take a ride. He wanted to boat to move bless his heart. I on the other hand had a mini panic attack for being so inclosed..closterphobic, much???? very!!!!!

For the past 2 Sundays Richard and I have taken the kids to the LDS church on Harker's Island. Richard is a member there and we had been talking about going...So, I decided to do some research and studying before going....what I found was so amazing...It is absolutly nothing like most people think it is....Never have I found a place to go and worship that I have found compleate peace and answers like I have at this church... the fellowship with the people is amazing. not to mention the choir. I could listen to them all day....In my studying, I have found that I can not put it down, I keep wanting to read more and more and learn more and more. We have talked about getting a missionary to come to the house to help answer some questions that I have, mostly wanting to understand every part of what the gospel is saying down to the last detail..I feel like I have been missing out on so much and that I have jiped my kids out of something so special...I just wish I would have been learning about all the wonderful things that our heavenly father has in store for us a lot longer than about a month...

1 comment:

Mikal said...

You are on the right track. Just kep plodding ahead. Don't stop. Don't look back. Move forward. When the Spirit confirms these truths to you set a babptism date. The Spirit cannot linger with you on a permanent basis until you have covenanted with our Father and had the gift of the Holy Ghost confirmed upon you by those in authority. Oh! and don't forget to let me know the date. I want to be there!