Tuesday, August 19, 2008

second meeting

Since the sisters left the day right after my first meeting, I now have Elders teaching my lessons. We met them last night, I must give *kudos* to Emily because my first meeting was at her house and she fixed a really really good supper. I on the other hand opted for pre cooked and heat in the oven (food lion special). Anyways, this meeting was more of them finding out where I was and we watched a film on the Restoration. I told them about the first meeting and that I was really more of a Teach me and I'll get it sorta person. I really can't just sit down and read something and come up with questions. I'm really having a hard time coming up with questions also because I consider myself like a sponge. I'm not really comparing this to the way I was brought up, its more along the lines of just learning and learning and not really asking why is it this way sorta thing.

We have decided to meet twice a week so I can get all the lessons in before my baptism. I definatly don't want that changed to another date.

After the last meeting I took some time to just go over what the Sisters had told me. I remember how it felt when Sister Jolstead was saying what Joseph Smith saw. I re read the pamplet and as I was reading it I just cried and cried, I had goose bumps upon goose bumps and suddenly it felt like I was wrapped in a warm blanket I prayed about this to know if what I was hearing was true and couldn't hardly get any words out. I realize now my heart was speaking for me. I know that this is the true gospel. I know that Joseph Smith did see our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and that he is a prophet of God. I know that President Monson is the living prophet today.
How could it not be true ? that is the only question I have now.

Since my father passed almost two years ago, this is the first time I really have felt I still had my dad, he has just fullfilled his misson on earth and returned to Heavenly Father. Before, I just felt like he was dead and in the ground, and I didn't have a dad anymore. I can not say how much happier I am knowing he is there waiting for us and that we will be together forever.

You know I have always been around people that were of the LDS faith, I mean I went to HS with people, were in Drama at ECHS with people, and I never really had a yearning to learn, I was even friends with Richard's sister from 8th grade on, and never laid eyes on Richard until 2001. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us, I know now he spoke to me when I was ready. I am so glad I had sense enough to listen.

As I was speaking last night it suddenly dawned on me, that Richard and I have changed the course of our families life for generations to come. Not only will we recieve all the wonderful blessings that Heavenly Father wishes for us, but so will our kids, and grand kids and great grand kids and on and on, all because we are converts. (you know I'm really starting to like that word.)

2 comments:

Mikal said...

The journey includes a lifetime of learning. The road is long yet each step of the journey is beautiful and fulfilling.

Erik said...

So good to hear about your upcoming baptism! I went to HS with Richard, and Nick. I was just thinking about Richard the other day and wondering what he was up to these days. Amazing how Heavenly Father looks after our needs! Just two days later I saw the comment on the Super Grant page which led me here to your site. Looking forward to following the growth and progress of your family.
Erik Lewis (New Bern, NC)